Monday, October 31, 2005

Stressing!

So know I am stressing out horribly because we still have not heard back from the realtor concerning this house we have been trying to rent. Marcus and I have decided that we will go ahead and pay the $6,000 security deposit plus the $500 pet deposit as long as the owner agrees NOT to increase the rent during the entire 36 month lease. We have already agreed to pay $250 more a month in rent than what he was asking--all in the attempt to have our pets in the house with us.

We decided to pay the crazy amount of security deposit not because we really want/need this particular house so bad, but more because the idea of being homeless come November 21st is really weighing heavy on my mind. I also hate the idea of beginning the whole pet bargaining business again--trying to get owners to allow us to have three pets. Furthermore, Marcus just doesn't have the time to keep taking off work just to see homes.

In many ways I can understand the owner's desire to have a large security deposit. This is a brand new home and a very expensive home and if it were me renting it out to someone with three pets I would probably want to be assured that there was money there to fix any damage made by said pets. Just because we know our pets won't create damage doesn't mean he has to believe us; he doesn't know us from Adam. So, we decided to pay it.

Now, if the realtor would just contact me. he said he would tonight, but I still haven't heard from him. I am getting very nervouse that we have lost this house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Dianna! I hope everything works out for you.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home