Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Finally!

Our house is now "under contract!" It's a cash sale so we don't have much time to find a new home and move out all of our belongings. We have our inspection tomorrow and if all goes well (it should) then it is a done deal and closing will be on Nov. 21st. My head is reeling with all the things that have to be completed between now and then.

  • Find an apartment for Shannon--I think I have found one. I put down a deposit and will bring her to see it tomorrow. If she likes it we will do the paper work and she can move in on November 15th.
  • Schedule a time for the movers to come and pack up the house and cart everything off. I went to the Traffic management Office (the military movers) today and scheduled the 15th, 16th, 17th, and 18th for the packing days. I have to attend a "briefing" tomorrow morning about what can and cannot be packed. We are allowed 17,000 pounds of household items--my scrapping stuff should take half of that--LOL. Just kidding.
  • Find a kennel her in LA and in VA for the dog for all the in between housing times.
  • Find a new home!!!!! After several false starts this morning and some disappointments as I found my fav homes already taken, I gave up and contacted a relocation specialist and now he is on the search for homes for us. I'm still trying to decide if I should waste my time making a trip to VA for house hunting or if I should just trust Marcus with it.
  • Try to get some Christmas shopping in while I can. Yikes--I am afraid that Christmas will be mostly gift certificates this year.

That's just a short list of some things I need to do. I am sure the list will get much longer as the days go by. It is no wonder I've had a screaming headache for two days!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I am so happy for you! good luck on the final touches!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home