This and That
I haven't blogged in eleven whole days! I've really have had nothing worth sitting and writing about and I really still don't have anything worth writing about. Well, that isn't entirely true. I could sit and write a small novel on the movie I watched today, Hotel Rwanda, but it was so darned depressing. I finally just stopped crying my eyes out and if I start writing my feelings about it I will probably start crying again. Movies like this just leave me feeling so defeated because I just cannot comprehend how people can treat each other this way. Yes, I know the world isn't all black and white and there are many gray areas but I still cannot grasp it. I guess I must have simplistic view, I don't know.
Marcus and I enjoyed an evening out last night. We very seldom go out because we really do enjoy the quiet of our home and can be perfectly content sitting in the den together just watching television or reading. However, we did decide to wonder out into the night on Saturday. First we went to the theater and saw War of the Worlds; it was decent. Then we wandered over to the new Riverwalk and had a late dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. It was very nice and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the crab sampler I had. I also had my first alcoholic beverage in about three years. Generally I do not drink; not because of any religious or moral reasons but just because I don't really feel the need to. But last night Marcus ordered me a frozen swirl--a concoction of a margarita and a strawberry dacquari swirled together. That was so delicious that I may take up drinking on a regular basis, LOL--just kidding. Though I must admit that I was a bit tipsy afterward. What a cheap date, huh? LOL
Saturday we showed our house twice. I am hoping that we receive an offer soon as I would really like to get this house sold so we can begin the process of purchasing a new home. We did finally get our front door refinished and it has been restored to its original beauty. I wish someone had told me that mahogany was not a good choice for doors in this LA humidity.
Perhaps the best part of the week was finding out that Finn knows who is gammy and pawpaw are. He actually remembers us from his visit and recognizes our voices over the phone. When we call, Lindsay puts us on speaker phone so we can say "hi" to Finn and when he hears our voice he yells our names "geegee" and "oda" (why he says oda for pawpaw we do not know) and runs to his bedroom and points to the pictures of us. It just warms my heart. For as long as I can remember I've wanted to be a grandmother and I never imagined that I would be a long distance grandmother so I am extremely happy that despite our distance Marcus and I can still manage to be active in Finn's life.
The only other exciting thing that has occurred this week is that on Sunday I ordered my WishBlade. I am so anxious for it to arrive so I can begin playing with it.
Marcus and I enjoyed an evening out last night. We very seldom go out because we really do enjoy the quiet of our home and can be perfectly content sitting in the den together just watching television or reading. However, we did decide to wonder out into the night on Saturday. First we went to the theater and saw War of the Worlds; it was decent. Then we wandered over to the new Riverwalk and had a late dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. It was very nice and I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed the crab sampler I had. I also had my first alcoholic beverage in about three years. Generally I do not drink; not because of any religious or moral reasons but just because I don't really feel the need to. But last night Marcus ordered me a frozen swirl--a concoction of a margarita and a strawberry dacquari swirled together. That was so delicious that I may take up drinking on a regular basis, LOL--just kidding. Though I must admit that I was a bit tipsy afterward. What a cheap date, huh? LOL
Saturday we showed our house twice. I am hoping that we receive an offer soon as I would really like to get this house sold so we can begin the process of purchasing a new home. We did finally get our front door refinished and it has been restored to its original beauty. I wish someone had told me that mahogany was not a good choice for doors in this LA humidity.
Perhaps the best part of the week was finding out that Finn knows who is gammy and pawpaw are. He actually remembers us from his visit and recognizes our voices over the phone. When we call, Lindsay puts us on speaker phone so we can say "hi" to Finn and when he hears our voice he yells our names "geegee" and "oda" (why he says oda for pawpaw we do not know) and runs to his bedroom and points to the pictures of us. It just warms my heart. For as long as I can remember I've wanted to be a grandmother and I never imagined that I would be a long distance grandmother so I am extremely happy that despite our distance Marcus and I can still manage to be active in Finn's life.
The only other exciting thing that has occurred this week is that on Sunday I ordered my WishBlade. I am so anxious for it to arrive so I can begin playing with it.

1 Comments:
What's with the blog spam, WalterJones? Thanks but I do not need any timber at the moment. I'll be sure to let you know when and if I do--NOT!
Post a Comment
<< Home