Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Missing Him

Marcus left for his new job this morning. Our home still has not sold so I have no idea when we will see each other again--most likely around Christmas. From the sounds of my last blog entry one would think that I would be okay with him leaving. I am accustomed to him not being at home as his career as taken him away from home many times. I realized today as I watched him drive away that I love that man and truly cannot imagine my life without him in it. Okay, well I've never doubted that I loved him; I just wasn't sure if I could continue living with him. I know now that I can and I want to; I cannot imagine not. He is my rock, my calm in the storm and all those other lame cliches that people use to describe their significant other.

I didn't think I would cry when he left; in fact, I was kind of anxious for him to go just so that I could get settled into a routine, but now that he has gone I cannot stop crying. He has been gone for all of 30 minutes and I miss him already. I want to jump in my car and race down the highway and make him come back. I can't do that, so until we are back living under one roof again I will have to be content with the memory of the way he held me before he left. I can still feel the pressure of his hand on the back of my head and his fingers entwined in my hair. Who was I fooling in my last blog entry? I will follow this man to the end of the earth if need be
.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Hugs Dianna. I am glad you have found some peace. Good luck w/ your retail therapy.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

beautiful entry. i am glad you know your heart and you will be in my toughts as you two spend this time apart.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home