On Her Own
So, it has been just about one month since I left Shannon in Louisiana to fend for herself. I must say that I am so proud of her; she is doing just wonderful. A big part of me really thought she would blunder through these first few months of being on her own; I guess I under-estimated her. She seems so grown up now and really has been capable of handling things. She does still call me every now and again to help her plan her budget out, but she is doing great with budgeting her money. Since it has been her winter break from college she has been working a lot and has managed, through wise spending, to save herself up a nice little stash. So much in fact that I am wonder why I am still paying her rent--LOL. But that is the agreement we made with both of our girls for their first four years of college--we cover their tuition, their rent and help with other bills as long as they remain in school and earn good grades. She is pulling her end of the bargain (4.0 GPA last semester!!), so we shall pull ours.
Here are some photos of her very first apartment (it's a nice little place--about 800 sq feet):
The entryway with the kitchen and laundry off to one side and the dining off to the other



The living room which has a balcony overlooking the pool off to the left.

The bedroom, which is actually very large. To the right of the bed, further along that wall she has her computer desk and along the wall across from the foot of the bed she has a bookshelf and a walk-in closet. The door along wall where the head of the bed is goes to a full bathroom.

Here are some photos of her very first apartment (it's a nice little place--about 800 sq feet):
The entryway with the kitchen and laundry off to one side and the dining off to the other



The living room which has a balcony overlooking the pool off to the left.

The bedroom, which is actually very large. To the right of the bed, further along that wall she has her computer desk and along the wall across from the foot of the bed she has a bookshelf and a walk-in closet. The door along wall where the head of the bed is goes to a full bathroom.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home