Sunday, June 05, 2005

All I asked for was white paint!

How tough can that be? Really, just your basic white paint. I am getting ready to paint the entire house--well, all the rooms that are not wallpapered and my scraproom (if a potential buyer cannot appreciate the beauty of mountain sage paint then they don't deserve to live in my house anyway--lol). We have very high ceilings in our house and I don't relish the idea of climbing ladders to paint the ceiling, so I hired someone to come in and paint all the ceilings. We talked about it and he said if I pick a flat white paint I can then paint the ceilings and the walls the same color and in order to help me out with the high walls he will just paint the portion of the wall adjacent to the ceilings and I can go behind him and paint the rest. Sounds like a good plan to me!

So, despite the 90 degree heat and the 100% humidity, Marcus and I trod off to Home Depot to buy paint (haven't they ever heard of air conditioning). Seemed like a simple task. I walk up to the paint counter and tell them I need 10 gallons of white flat enamel paint. Sounds easy doesn't it? Oh no, nothing could EVER be that easy! Do you have any idea how many shades of white paint there are? It is mind boggling! Do I want pure pure white, decorator white, white, elegant white, white mink, clear moon, snowy egret, glamorous white, polar bear, whipped cream--who names this stuff?!!!! And why does there need to be so many damn shades? It's freaking white paint. So Marcus closes his eyes and points--"there let's go with that one, it just says 'white'."
If you have ever seen my husband match his clothes then you know that is a sign that you should immediately collect every paint swatch possible and drive all the way back home and compare them to the color already on your walls. So, that is what we did. Guess what color we decided matched what we already have? Yup, WHITE!

You should have been a fly on the wall when we were picking out carpet and ceramic tiles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home