Sleeplessness, Acid Trips and Rice Krispy Treats
It's been a while since I made an entry (why does that sound oddly familiar?). I wish I could say that amazingly exciting things have been going on to keep me too busy to write--perhaps I was sunning on a Hawaiian beach or away visiting my grandson. But, no, nothing as exciting as that. In fact, to be quite honest, absolutely freaking NOTHING has been going on. Okay, well other than the fact that for some reason I have become incredibly lazy this week. I did make rice krispy treats tonight; that was pretty much the highlight of my week (and in case you were wondering, yes, I do intend to eat them ALL before bed). Seriously, for some reason I cannot explain, I have been slammed with a horrible case of insomnia. Problem is that the insomnia only seems to occur at night when normal people sleep and never during the day when normal people function. First I blamed it all on my poor husband's snoring, but even after he volunteered to spend several nights on the couch so I could sleep (bless his heart), I still didn't sleep! After finally falling into a semi-coma at 3 a.m., I kept waking up every 1/2 hour or so, seeing his empty half of the bed and wondering where he was. Normally if I cannot sleep I will read, or hey, I could have taken the opportunity to update my blog, but I couldn't seem to sit still long enough to do either. Along with the sleeplessness is this feeling that my skin is crawling like a freak on an acid trip; not that I know what an acid trip feels like but, hey, I can imagine. It is driving me insane and often times driving me into a hot shower at 3 a.m..
So, for the past week, I have spent my nights just flopping around the bed waiting, waiting, waiting to fall asleep.
I spend my days in a fog; so tired that I can barely hold up my head, much less lift my arms. I've been taking a 2-3 hour nap every day to make up for what I am missing at night though it is true what they say about not being able to catch up on lost sleep! All this non-sleeping is preventing me from getting anything done like all the work I need to complete on the house before it is ready for the market in August.
It's only going to get worse too. Next week, Tuesday to be exact, I will be attending the first session of my smoking cessation classes. The combination of zyban and nicotine patches is sure to have me doing handstands and swinging from the ceiling fans during that time of day when normal people sleep! This will be the third time I've attended these classes and probably the tenth time I attempt to quit. I'll share more on all this later because right now I have a pan of rice krispy treats calling my name and we all know that the sugar content I am about to consume will surely lull me into the best sleep I've had all week. Ya, okay!
So, for the past week, I have spent my nights just flopping around the bed waiting, waiting, waiting to fall asleep.
I spend my days in a fog; so tired that I can barely hold up my head, much less lift my arms. I've been taking a 2-3 hour nap every day to make up for what I am missing at night though it is true what they say about not being able to catch up on lost sleep! All this non-sleeping is preventing me from getting anything done like all the work I need to complete on the house before it is ready for the market in August.
It's only going to get worse too. Next week, Tuesday to be exact, I will be attending the first session of my smoking cessation classes. The combination of zyban and nicotine patches is sure to have me doing handstands and swinging from the ceiling fans during that time of day when normal people sleep! This will be the third time I've attended these classes and probably the tenth time I attempt to quit. I'll share more on all this later because right now I have a pan of rice krispy treats calling my name and we all know that the sugar content I am about to consume will surely lull me into the best sleep I've had all week. Ya, okay!

3 Comments:
Good luck with quitting smoking! You can do it!
Thanks Tricia! You can so come over, but I am afraid all the rice krisy treats are gone! I was not kidding when I said I intended to eat them all in one night--lol.
LOL I love the title to this post, made me giggle :) Good luck with the smoking Di!
Post a Comment
<< Home